Frequently Asked Questions
How often will you conduct inspections?
Routine inspections are conducted between 3 and 4 times per year. We will give you the required 7 days notice prior to inspections
What do you look for at routine inspections?
We are looking for any repairs that may be necessary and for any items that require additional cleaning or maintenance.
What if I can’t be home at the time of inspection?
We will use our office keys to access your property. We remain respectful of your privacy and only open cupboards in wet areas to ensure there are no leaks inside. Your home will be left the way we find it. If a door is unlocked, we will leave it unlocked. If curtains are closed, we will close them when we leave.
What do I do if something needs fixing at my home?
All repairs must be reported in writing using the Maintenance Manager Tenant App. Emergency repairs may be reported via phone by calling your Maintenance Manager. The below list outlines what is considered to be an emergency:
- burst water service or a serious water service leak
- a blocked or broken lavatory service
- a serious roof leak
- a gas leak
- a dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm, fire or impact damage
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the property
- a failure or breakdown of an essential service or hot water, cooking or heating appliance
- a fault or damage that makes the property unsafe or insecure
- a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a resident of the property
- a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area or premises that unduly inconveniences a resident in gaining access to, or using, the property
How do I pay my rent?
Rental payments can be made:
- By Visiting the National Australia Bank – Please note that if you wish to pay rent using this option, you must contact our office and request a deposit book.
- Electronic Banking – Log into your Internet banking and â€œTransfer Fundsâ€ into our account.
- Direct Debit – You will need to set this up with your bank. We cannot take funds from your account â€“ this option is an arrangement between you and your banking institution.
- Bank Details for Welcome Home Rentals:
Bank National Australia Bank
Account # 840458612
Account Name Welcome Home Rentals
Reference # Your date of birth
What if I have somebody who wants to move in with me?
Please have them complete aÂ Rental ApplicationÂ and provide it to our office with 100 points of ID and proof of income. For more information on applying for a property, click here
Can I get a pet?
Prior to adopting a pet, please complete a Pet Application Form and return it to our office. We will aim to have an answer to you within 24 hours. A reminder that you must not take on a pet without approval â€“ this is a breach of your tenancy.
Our neighbours are playing loud music / fighting / causing lots of noise. What do we do?
Contact the local police and report the disturbance
What if I canâ€™t pay my rent this week?
At Welcome Home Rentals, we have a zero tolerance for rent arrears. If you have experienced an emergency situation that has stopped you from being able to pay your rent, please notify your property manager in writing immediately.
Our rent arrears policy is:
- 1 day late Phone call and / or email and / or text message
- 2 days late Owner is notified of your breach
- 8 days late Notice to remedy breach issued
- 16 days late Notice to leave issued
What if I need to break my lease?
Jobs change, relationships break down. There may come a time when you need to break your lease agreement. This can be done by:
- Completing a lease break form (download form here)
- Pay 1 weeksâ€™ rent plus 10% GST
- Pay $150 for realestate.com advertisement
Please note that you are still responsible for rent and upkeep of the property until a suitable tenant is secured to take over your lease.
I have no water left in my tank. What do I do?
As per your lease agreement, you are responsible for ordering and paying for water if and when you need it. For local water carriers, conduct a Google Search or look in the Yellow Pages
Iâ€™ve locked myself out / lost my keys. What do I do?
Losing your keys, particularly out of office hours, can be extremely stressful. Please do not contact your property manager out of office hours regarding lost or misplaced keys. You will need to contact a locksmith.
If itâ€™s during office hours, contact our office and make arrangements to collect our office set. A key deposit of $100 is required and keys must be returned within 1 hour.