Tenant FAQ’s

How often will you conduct inspections?

Routine inspections are conducted between 3 and 4 times per year. We will give you the required 7 days notice prior to inspections.

What do you look for at routine inspections?

We are looking for any repairs that may be necessary and for any items that require additional cleaning or maintenance.

What if I can’t be home at the time of inspection?

That’s not a problem.  We have a set of keys in the office and will use those to enter.  Your privacy is respected at all times and the only cupboards we will open are those under wet areas (kitchen sink, laundry tub, vanity basin etc) to ensure there are no leaks inside. Your home will be left the way we find it. If a door is unlocked, we will leave it unlocked. If curtains are closed, we will close them when we leave.

What do I do if something needs fixing at my home?

All repairs must be reported in writing using the Maintenance Manager Tenant App. Emergency repairs may be reported via phone by calling your Maintenance Manager. The below list outlines what is considered to be an emergency:

  • burst water service or a serious water service leak
  • a blocked or broken lavatory service
  • a serious roof leak
  • a gas leak
  • a dangerous electrical fault
  • flooding or serious flood damage
  • serious storm, fire or impact damage
  • a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the property
  • a failure or breakdown of an essential service or hot water, cooking or heating appliance
  • a fault or damage that makes the property unsafe or insecure
  • a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a resident of the property
  • a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area or premises that unduly inconveniences a resident in gaining access to, or using, the property

What if I can’t pay my rent this week?

Communicate, communicate, communicate.  Please ensure that you send an email to [email protected] BEFORE you are late with a brief explanation and when payment can be expected.  It’s also okay to make a part payment – better something than nothing.

I want somebody to move in with me - what do I do?

Anybody who will be living at the property needs to be approved by the owner first.  An application will need to be completed and points of ID and proof of income is required.  You can find out more by visiting https://welcomehomerentals.com.au/apply-for-a-property/